Medical Issues Affecting Jack Russell Terriers
Jack Russell Terrier Health Registry
- JRT Health Registry - PLL, CERF, BAER, DM and SCA test results
- CERF - Vision Testing
- In a Dog's Eye - Cataracts, Distichiasis, Glaucoma, PLL, PRA
- PRA - Progressive Retinal Atrophy (PRA)
- Primary Lens Luxation (PLL)
- Certified Opthomologists
Toxicity / Poisoning
- ASPCA/National Animal Poison Control Center - 1-888-426-4435
- ASPCA - List of Plants Toxic to Dogs - list contains plants that have been reported as having systemic effects on animals and/or intense effects on the gastrointestinal tract.
- American Skunk Toxic Shock Syndrome
- Raisins Can be Deadly
- Toxicity - a Guide to Possible Signs of Toxicity
- Poisonous Plants - reference that includes plant images, pictures of affected animals and presentations concerning the botany, chemistry, toxicology, diagnosis and prevention of poisoning of animals by plants and other natural flora
- Treats - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Project Eddy - xylitol poisoning
- Cerebellar Ataxia - Cerebellar ataxia can encompass a variety of different problems with coordination and balance. These will include a staggering gait often with a prominent goose stepping of the front limbs, crossing over of the limbs, and balance problems.
- Coonhound Paralysis - Coonhound Paralysis is one of those neuropathies of undetermined origin. It is an auto immune reaction, an immune mediated inflammation of nerves and nerve roots.
- Epil-K9 Welcome - Epilepsy Web Site
Heart / Blood / Hormone
- Sub-Aortic Stenosis - a fatal heart disease
- Canine Von Willebrand's Disease - inherited bleeding disorder
- Canine Cushing's Disease - Cushing's Disease (hyperadrenocorticism) is a common condition in older dogs, often mistaken for the aging process itself. Dogs gain weight, lose hair, urinate in the house, and make owners begin to prematurely consider euthanasia.
- Canine Cushing's Disease - What Happened - And What You Need To Do
- Kennel Cough - a mild self-limiting disease involving the trachea and bronchi of any age dog.
- Legg Perthes - a disease of the hip joints of small breeds of dogs
- Luxating Patella - dislocation (slipping) of the patella (kneecap)
- JRT Research Foundation - encourages, promotes and supports the development and maintenance of research on genetic defects found in the Jack Russell Terrier
- Assembling a First-Aid Kit
- Pet Care / Health - Dental, Neutering, Vaccinations
- Vaccination Schedule
- List of Disorders Noted in Jack Russell Terriers
- Potential UnSafe Items for a Jack Russell Terrier
- Ehrlichiosis - tick borne disease
- NetVet - extensive medical links