October 12, 13 and 14, 2018Washington County Agricultural Center
Boonsboro, Maryland (near Hagerstown)
The 2018 National Trial will be held October 12-14 at the Washington County Agricultural Center near Hagerstown, Maryland. It is a very nice facility with several buildings and pavilions. The location is just seven miles off I-70 - it is near the intersection of I-70 and I-81, offering easy access from all directions.
Trial Flyer/Online Entry Program
The use of Colored Basket Muzzles is PROHIBITED AT THE NATIONAL TRIAL AND AT ALL SANCTIONED TRIALS EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!
BLACK, TAN, WHITE OR CLEAR BASKET MUZZLES ARE ACCEPTABLE. SOFTIE MUZZLES ARE ALSO ACCEPTABLE AND ARE NOT AFFECTED BY THIS RULING.. If you own a colored basket muzzle we suggest that you color it black with a permanent marker.
The colored basket muzzles have caused temporary confusion for the Racing Judges that have resulted in races being called incorrectly. Therefore it was decided by the Racing subcommittee and the JRTCA Board of Directors that colored basket muzzles be prohibited at all Sanctioned JRTCA Trials effective immediately.
- The 2018 National Trial marks the 36th year of Nationals Trials.
- Terriers may not enter both the OPEN & WORKING sections or cross-enter within the OPEN section of the conformation division.
- All National Trial exhibitors and owners MUST be current members of the JRTCA.
- Note: Agility judge will give briefing and walk-through to OWNERS ONLY prior to each class. There will be NO practice runs.
- Puppies are eligible to compete only if they have reached their four-month birthday; i.e., four months to the date of their birth, NOT 16 weeks.
- Refunds for classes will be given only in cases of accident or illness to a terrier or owner, or for bitches in heat; situations must be documented in writing. Refunds provided by mail within 30 days following the trial.
- No dogs other than Jack Russell Terriers will be permitted on the trial grounds for any reason.
- Pups under the age of four months, and bitches in season, are not permitted on the trial grounds. Anyone violating trial rules will be excused from all classes and asked to leave the trial site; no refunds will be given. In addition, violations will be documented, and violators may be subject to additional penalties.
- Anyone wishing to sell items at the National Trial must register as a vendor; contact the club office at 410-561-3655 for a vendor application or further information. Absolutely no merchandise of any type may be sold at the trial, either from the vendor area or exhibitor area, unless registered as a vendor.
- Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments will be available throughout the trial.
- No displaying of puppies for sale on site, including advertising signage of puppies for sale.
2018 National Trial Judges
- Sandhi Rogerson (Ring 1)
- Ursula Schwalbe (Ring 2)
Judges for Other Divisions
- Racing - TBD
- Obedience - TBD
- Rally-O - TBD
- Agility - TBD
- Trailing and Locating - TBD
Map/Directions to the National Trial Site
The trial site is exit 29 off I-70 (you will see a sign for the Outlets); off ramp, turn left onto Rt 65 (Sharpsburg Pike) and go approximately 7 miles to the Washington County Ag Center on left. When you enter the site, bear left and go all the way back on that road - site is in the back. The Clarion Hotel is one exit south, exit #32B - it is about 3 miles off the interstate on the left, about 12 miles from the trial site.